New Zealand is Open for Business
After a devastating earthquake in Christchurch last month, many people who had planned to travel to New Zealand canceled their trips. Now New Zealand wants to let the world know that it is back open for business and ready to welcome visitors to the beautiful country once more. To help spread that message, a grassroots effort called Blog4NZ will run from March 21-23, during which time hundreds of blog posts, photos and videos will be posted to promote the appeal of New Zealand.
For our part, this week we’re talking about adventurous activities in New Zealand, including crazy sports like zorbing, sandboarding, and of course, bungy jumping. But those aren’t the only activities available in New Zealand. If you aren’t interested in flinging yourself off a bungy tower or rolling downhill in a giant ball, you can check out more low-key activities like hiking in Kaikoura, relaxing on the beach, or sampling some of the country’s excellent wines. To learn more about things to see and do in New Zealand, follow the #Blog4NZ hashtag on twitter, and check out these other New Zealand travel stories and resources.
But be warned, after looking at a few of the stunning photos of New Zealand and learning about all there is to see and do, you just might find yourself obsessively looking for flights to New Zealand, dreaming of visiting the “land of the long white cloud.”
More New Zealand resources on BootsnAll:
Some of the best Blog4NZ posts from around the web:
- Discovering New Zealand’s South Island by Road
- New Zealand: Heaven on Earth
- 11 Awesome (But Really Remote) Places to Visit in New Zealand
- New Zealand Travel Wishlist
- New Zealand is Calling: Will You Answer?
- Three New Zealand Wine Regions You Don’t Want to Miss
- 5 Epic Adventures in New Zealand
- Beautiful, Breathtaking New Zealand
- Photo Gallery: 22 Natural Destinations in New Zealand
Photo by SBishop